Highlighted

Lightroom Classic won't open documents in Photoshop - option grayed out in the edit in dialogue

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom won't open Photoshop documents it is all grey in the edit on dialogue area

I inserted a photo of how is should look but on my computer it is all grey in the dialogue area?

How can I fix this? 

Screen Shot 2020-02-28 at 2.25.45 PM.png

This is how it should open with Black not all grey!

Screen Shot 2020-02-28 at 2.22.26 PM.png

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Topics

Feature request, How to, Import and export, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom Classic won't open documents in Photoshop - option grayed out in the edit in dialogue

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom won't open Photoshop documents it is all grey in the edit on dialogue area

I inserted a photo of how is should look but on my computer it is all grey in the dialogue area?

How can I fix this? 

Screen Shot 2020-02-28 at 2.25.45 PM.png

This is how it should open with Black not all grey!

Screen Shot 2020-02-28 at 2.22.26 PM.png

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Topics

Feature request, How to, Import and export, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry about the experience with Lightroom Classic while trying to use the Edit in Photoshop feature.

Would you mind sharing the macOS version you are using? Please try to uninstall and re-install Photoshop 2020 through the Creative Cloud desktop app to check if that helps.

You can also check: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/edit-photoshop-command-missing-photoshop.html

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Nikunj

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
WobertC LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I note in your screen-clip that all your 'edit-in' links are greyed. (NIK etc).

So another answer to add to the link given by Nikunj is that your photos are 'missing', or you are working exclusivly with Smart Previews (also the original file is not connected).

Can you post a screen-clip of the Histogram panel in Library view- that might tell us some info about the photo you are trying to send to Ps. And a clip of the photo in the Library Grid.

Like this:

ScreenShot168.jpg

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 9.4, Lightroom 3.4, Photoshop 2020 (21.2.1), Nikon DSLR, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines