• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom classic wont start after june update

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the june update my lightroom classic wont start, I only get a crash report.

The support service hasend been a great help until now. Iwe been disconnected all the time.

I have a windows pro 10 edition.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please Consider including the following in your question:
Adobe product and version number
Operating system and version number
The full text of any error message (s)
What you were doing when the problem occurred
Screenshots of the problem
Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; the amount of RAM; etc

Thanks. The above info will help to solve your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok ill try:

Adobe product number: creative Cloud 5.10.407

Windows Pro 10 Build 20150

Crash report for adobe lightroom classic

I just clic on open

Intel core i-7, AMD hd 7800, 16GB ram,several hardisks more than 4 tb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with both Classic and Lightroom but no problems with Bridge or Photoshop

Windows 10 Professional (x64) Version 2004 (build 20150.1000). 3.60 gigahertz Intel Core i7-4790, 16G Ram, 93GB free on ssd, 1954 GB free on 2nd hard drive, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Bridge and Photoshop open but neither Light Room Classic or CC open. I just get a box to send in a fault report. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. 

Specs: Intel i7 6700K, 32 Gb Ram, Geforce 1080 Around 7.5 Tb of HDD and SSD. Windows 10 Build 20150.rs_200612-1734

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem:

Creative Cloud 5.10.407

Windows 10 Pro Version 1903

Intel i7-8650U, 8GB RAM, more than enough Hard Drive Space

Can't send screenshot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue.

Crash report got sent a few times.  No error message.

Latest Creative Cloud app.

i9 9900k 32gb ram asus gtx 1070.

Had no issues with Photoshop or Illustrator.

Uninstalled both Lightroom Classic and Lightroom and reinstalled both (Keeping preferences). no joy.

Uninstalled Lightroom Classic and removed preferences & reinstalled.  No joy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you force that OS update, or did MS update your OS for you? Hmm, perhaps a Windows Insider?

MS has paused the update as it is a piece of , well a filthy dirty word.

That OS update could very very very likely be giving you grief.

yes, I see, 2 members with that OS update, one without, all 3 similar problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050

Driver vetsion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if you create a new catalog?

agghhh, I forget the keyboard/mouse combo to get the catalog prompt at launch, was it hold down on ALT then double click LrC icon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR won't launch. It goes straight to a window to report a fault to Adobe. So I don't get the option to make any changes???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe product number: creative Cloud 5.10.407

Crash report for adobe lightroom classic

I just clic on open

Intel core i-7, SSD Samsung 860 1TB, 32GB ram,several hardisks more than 4 tb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>> Windows Pro 10 Build 20150

I'll think that's the problem. I've read here in the forum several posts with the same problem.

This is a insider version and not official released. It's like a beta version of Windows.

In my opinion this version shouldn't be installed on a productive environment.

What you can try is to switch off the GPU support from the Lightroom preferences and check if that helps to fix the issue. 

Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" > Restart Lightroom. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-gpu-faq.html#troubleshooting 

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html 

If Lightroom doesn't start correctly the please see "Solution 2" in the document behind the second link. 

Another step is to try to reset the Lightroom preferences. 

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/ 

If this doesn't help I'll recommend to turn back to the official released versions of Windows 10.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had got the same issue on 20150. The only way I could get Lightroom Classic to work was
1. Disable my Nvidia Graphic card in Device manager
2. Start up Lightroom(which will now start)
3. After its started re-enable graphics card.
Lightroom will then work until you close the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES. My Lightroom Classic is working again with the new 20161. Opens with no problems. I also had the same problem with a program called "SyncbackPro", thats working now as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that NVIDIA is/has put out new drivers with 20150 in mind

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/hardware/nvidia-adds-windows-10-2004-gpu-scheduling-to-geforce...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nvidia have indeed released new driver 451.48. I installed it and it made no difference. Also later yesterday (24th June) I installed the new Dev Windows 10 release 20152 which was released the same day. Installing 20152 has'nt made a difference either. Lightroom still wont start. I notice that Microsoft say in their notes about the new release 20152 "Starting with the last build, some games and applications may crash at launch or fail to install. We’ve identified the root cause and are working on a fix for a future flight."  I think this is the cause of the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My system is also windows 10 insiders, but my gpu is radeon, and I´m with the same problem, I have tried to install version 9.2, 9.2.1, and 9.3 with the same problem, only stats in safe mode or with the gpu disabled in the windows, if you disable in the preferences doesn´t start also!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with Insider build 20152. Photoshop CC is fine, but Lightroom Classic and CC both crash silently. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the same problem. Stopped graphics acceleration. Still crashes. Went back to Build 19645 and everything works fine.This has been happening on build 19650 and 19652. Let's see what the next Widows brings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Both LR and LRC now working after the latest  Windows Insider Preview update 2004 Os build 20161.1000

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines