Lightroom classic

Feb 05, 2020

Copy to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom 5 at the moment, is it worth upgrading to the subscription service? I use topaz denoise and the free nik collection as plug ins and I beleive the CC version does not allow plug ins.

Topics

FAQ, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom classic

Feb 05, 2020

Copy to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom 5 at the moment, is it worth upgrading to the subscription service? I use topaz denoise and the free nik collection as plug ins and I beleive the CC version does not allow plug ins.

Topics

FAQ, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 05, 2020

Copy to clipboard

Copied

We can't tell you if it is "worth it". However, Lightroom Classic has many many new and useful features compared to Lightroom 5. Lightroom Classic does allow plug-ins.

A partial list of features in Lightroom Classic that are not in Lightroom 5.

• dehaze
  • texture
  • range masks
  • re-arrange develop tools panel
  • color labels for collections
  • enhanced auto-develop tool
  • guided upright

I would never want to go back to Lightroom 5 and lose these features.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 05, 2020

Copy to clipboard

Copied

It depends on how much you actually use it. But bear in mind if you go for the' Photography Plan' you get Lightroom, Lightroom Classic and Photoshop - which in all honesty is pretty good. It's a bit cheaper overall as well if you go for a full year subscription rather than monthly.

Lightroom Classic allows you to use the Nik collection.

So, is it worth it - do you get your money's worth? I think so, 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
WobertC LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 05, 2020

Copy to clipboard

Copied

And to clarify ADobe products further-   The "CC version" as you call it, would perhaps be known now as simply "Lightroom".

Lightroom (Cloud based v3.1) is NOT the latest version of Lightroom-5.

Lightroom-CLASSIC (with local folders for photos) is the latest (v9.1) successor to Lr-5.

A subscription to the Photography Plan (with 20Gb) is great value IMO.

**Be sure to choose the plan that includes Lr-CLASSIC.

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 9.2, Lightroom 3.2, Photoshop 2020 (21.1.0), Nikon DSLR, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines