• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just deleted a file off my external hard drive, that was one particular session, and now when I go into Lr I am getting the No Files Found for all sessions I have done so far in 2020.  Could someone guide me to fixing this please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exacat version of Lightroom, be very specific, looking fir the number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying, David.

I am using Lr Classic 9.3 on a Macbook Pro 2017.  And yes, it was a folder I had deleted. I had the folder saved as a specific name from a family session done last year.  Now when I try to go into any current work, the photo's are all there, but I get the message that No Files Are Found, and then a box shows up with a message asking if I would like to locate said image.  Also a box that shows "Previous location:/Volumes/TOSHIBA EXT/COURTNEY/2020/2020-6-28/IMG_3808.CR2"

I am new to using macbooks.  I make sure each session I do, I name them according to each family or person to keep them seperate and not one big folder.

Thank you for your time!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by session?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What file did you delete?

Are you sure it was a file and not a folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or maybe you thought you were deleting one photo but you accidentally deleted many photos?

Do you have a recent backup of your catalog file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I am using Lr Classic 9.3 on a Macbook Pro 2017.  And yes, it was a folder I had deleted. I had the folder saved as a specific name from a family session done last year.  Now when I try to go into any current work, the photo's are all there, but I get the message that No Files Are Found, and then a box shows up with a message asking if I would like to locate said image.  Also a box that shows "Previous location:/Volumes/TOSHIBA EXT/COURTNEY/2020/2020-6-28/IMG_3808.CR2"

I am new to using macbooks.  I make sure each session I do, I name them according to each family or person to keep them seperate and not one big folder.

I appreciate you taking time to help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello 

Thank you for your time!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Thank you for your time and help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried using the "Find missing folders" option in the library module? That will enable you to point Lightroom to where the images/folders are located on the new computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jim,

Thank you!  I tried that, but I'm still getting the same notification.  I believe I have lost all my work and will need to start over.  I'm not sure why when deleting one folder, it would delete all photo's off my external hard drive.  Is there something I could do to avoid this in the future?  How to remove/delete without losing all my work? I have everything backed up on a seperate drive and will need to re-upload everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the images still on the external hard drive? Can you see those images in Finder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not see them in finder.  Not sure how I messed this up, but would really like to know how to not do this again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really need more info on your system.

Sorry I am late to this conversation so you may have posted that already.

Deleting a FILE, One File, outside of LrC would not make all other files in that folder disappear. That is unless you actually Deleted a FOLDER and not a file.

Also deleting a image file inside of LrC wouldn't cause this problem either. That is unless you had actually Selected All the images in that folder but thought you had only selected one of them. This is nsomething that is extremely easy to do in LrC. But on the Remove Photo/s dialog window that comes up it states how many images have been selected to Warn you about what you are going to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my first time using the forum, so I did use the wrong term.  I meant that I deleted a folder. I had this folder named the session that I had done, but it seems its was holding everything. 

I am using Lr Classic 9.3,  also using a MacBook Pro 2017 and my external is a 1T Toshiba.  I am new to using MacBook as well.  When I upload into Lr, I either keep the sessions as the date was done, or I rename them.  All my photo's are saved on another external for back up, but this back up is not connected to my laptop. 

Is there a way when uploading into Lr to keep these sessions seperate, so when it is time for me to delete/remove folders I do not run into this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you view some of the great online tutorials on what LrC is, how LrC works and how to properly work with LrC.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/tutorials.html

You don't Upload file to LrC. The Catalog file is just a Database file. There are NO images in the catlaog file. Images are stored on your hard drives on the drive and in the folder that you have selected in the Destination section of the import dialog window.

If by deleting one folder you basically lost all your images then you need to rethink your folder structure as to how and where you save your image files.

Please STOP using the term Upload when copying files from a memory card to your computer hard drive. You are either Moving them or Copying them. Uploading is a term used when copying or moving file from your computers hard drive to a storage space, FTP server, Cloud Storage, whatever, on the INTERNET.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've always been terrible at using correct terminology.  Like I had said, I am new to using MacBook, never had this issue before.  So yes, learning how Lr works while using this laptop is something I need to read more into.  Thanks for your time.  Hope you have a great day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines