Highlighted

Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I start LRC, it crashes my mac. It completely locks up the computer and I have to restart it. It also takes a long time to get to do any adjustments to my imports. Sometimes an hour before it starts to work again. Is anyoone else having problems like me?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I start LRC, it crashes my mac. It completely locks up the computer and I have to restart it. It also takes a long time to get to do any adjustments to my imports. Sometimes an hour before it starts to work again. Is anyoone else having problems like me?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 04, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That obviously is not normal. But more information is required. What exact version number do you have installed? What Mac operating system are you running? How much RAM? Details about your computer would be helpful. Is this something that just started happening? Have you been using Lightroom in the past? When it starts working again, how long will it work for you? Are there any error messages? If so, what are they? The more detail you can provide, the better.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 04, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim.

I have version 9.3 of LRC and i'm running macOS Catalina 10.15.5. 3.5ghz quad core i5 with 8gb of RAM. Radeon Pro 575, 4gb graphics. This problem has grown since a few updates ago but it's now really just quite annoying. It can take an hour for it to start LRC and once it's running, it can take 3-10 mins before it loads the photo in develop module. It can work for an hour or as little as 2 clicks of the mouse. I have had no error messages and if I were to get a message like that, I always send reports so that issues like this can be rectified.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 04, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the computer crashes, it is either a bad driver or hardware that is malfunctioning. Start by re-installing drivers (Graphics, motherboard, etc.) Run diagnostic checks on all of your hardware.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 05, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting Lightroom preferences as described in Method 1 at this link https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 05, 2020 0