• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Lightroom Classic, as suggested by the instructor in the course I am starting.  Unfortunately, I cannot import my RAW CR2 files into Lightroom, but PS Elements has always recognized CR2 files.  The file is not recognized.  Hopefully there is a quick solution.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exact version of Lightroom Classic, what exact camera model are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the error message? Where do the raw files reside on your computer? LrC shouldn't have any issue with CR2 files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Canon M5.  In exploring further, it looks like I need to convert to DNG - some discussion around TIFF or DNG.  The message is the file is not recognized.  I will pose the question to the instructor tomorrow in class (virtual).  Thanks for your efforts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure your Camera Raw is up to date. This list shows that the M5 is supported by Lightroom Classic.

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

You can use the Creative Cloud desktop app to make sure Camera Raw is up to date.

Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 9.45.37 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make sure your Camera Raw is up to date. This list shows that the M5 is supported by Lightroom Classic.

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

You can use the Creative Cloud desktop app to make sure Camera Raw is up to date.

Camera Raw will not cuase this error. The version of Camera Raw has no effect on Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Canon M5. In exploring further, it looks like I need to convert to DNG - some discussion around TIFF or DNG. The message is the file is not recognized. I will pose the question to the instructor tomorrow in class (virtual).

What is the exact version NUMBER of your Lightroom? All versions of Lightroom Classic should be able to import the raw files from a Canon EOS M5 without the DNG Converter but if you have versions before Lightroom Classic then there could be a problem. What is the exact unedited word-for-word error message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines