Highlighted

LIGHTROOM CLASSIS CC SLOW

Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently upgraded from V6 (worst decision I have ever made) and now it takes at least 10 min to load each photo as I scroll through my Library.  Where as prior to upgrade as fast I tapped to next image it would display.  How it is now - I CAN NOT USE IT - its useless.  I'm so P155ed off, and now its costing $$$.   Does anyone know where, (my computer was fine prior to up date)  HELP ???

TOPICS
CC FAQ, Creative Cloud, New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

LIGHTROOM CLASSIS CC SLOW

Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently upgraded from V6 (worst decision I have ever made) and now it takes at least 10 min to load each photo as I scroll through my Library.  Where as prior to upgrade as fast I tapped to next image it would display.  How it is now - I CAN NOT USE IT - its useless.  I'm so P155ed off, and now its costing $$$.   Does anyone know where, (my computer was fine prior to up date)  HELP ???

TOPICS
CC FAQ, Creative Cloud, New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 02, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Staandard question, would reccomend you include the followin as SOP

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic reports it.

In Lightroom Classic, click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Paste that into a reply.

Useful information is from first linedown to and including plug-in info. Info after plug-in infobasically written in full nerd, and not very useful to us non techs.

yes, getting very fed up with being stuck at home.

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 02, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A followup statement

In Lightroom, are Face Detection and Address Lookup paused? They should be (although not defaault) they can be resource hogs. Same for any cloud sync going on.

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 02, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follwup 2

And do you create your library previews at import? This will slow importing down, but will free up time after import

Or perhaps immediatly after import before editing? Speeds up import, allows you to create previews after you remove your SD card.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 02, 2020 0
GoldingD LATEST
LEGEND ,
Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additinal sys info question

I have no idea how to tell from the sys info, where your Camera RAW CACHE is located, and how large you allow it to get. Afects develop module, not library.

Important to increase from Adobe lousy default of 5GB, important when possible to not locate it on boot drive on a Windows PC where the OS Paging file resides (competes with read/write)

Does not have to be on same drive as catalog.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 02, 2020 0