• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lightroom cloud: ownership of photographs

Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd just would like to know if the pictures I'm synchronizing on adobe cloud are still mine, or they got any property on and also about privacy of people portrait.

I can not find any way to say which folders I'd like to upload and which not (so I can not create a portfolio because I don't want to upload some folders and it doesn't do just some of them - those I want to)

Thanks for help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Community Expert , Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Uploading to Adobe cloud services does not transfer any ownership to Adobe. Anything you created is still yours.

Refer to the General Terms:

1.5 Ownership. You (as a Business or an individual, as applicable) retain all rights and ownership of your Content. We do not claim any ownership rights to your Content.

Regarding what is uploaded, if you are using Lightroom Classic, you can mark a Collection (not a folder) to be uploaded, so if you want photos to be uploaded they must be added to a col

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor , Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020
Very interesting questions.

1) you still own your photos in the cloud 100%. No doubt. Be reinsured on that subject.
2) Adobe sync is a nightmare. Welcome to the club. This monster is out of control even for Adobe which has given up trying to fix it and solve the thousands of problems encountered by users.

So be patient. One day, maybe, Adobe will set up a better system like ON1 360. This one works better. At least you understand what it does.

Best Regards
Eric Pecquerie
Sent from my iPad Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

The answer depends on whether you are using Lightroom Classic or Lightroom. Because you posted in the Lightroom Classic community, I assumed you are using Classic. Below are the answers for both applications.

If you do not want a photo to be synced to the Adobe cloud:

• For Lightroom Classic, do not include the photo in any collection that has sync enabled. This is easy in Classic because Classic uses local storage as primary storage, so nothing in Classic is synced by default. Photos are synce

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Thanks, it was definitely helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uploading to Adobe cloud services does not transfer any ownership to Adobe. Anything you created is still yours.

Refer to the General Terms:

1.5 Ownership. You (as a Business or an individual, as applicable) retain all rights and ownership of your Content. We do not claim any ownership rights to your Content.

Regarding what is uploaded, if you are using Lightroom Classic, you can mark a Collection (not a folder) to be uploaded, so if you want photos to be uploaded they must be added to a collection. A collection is just a list, so the images will remain in their original folders.

Everything you upload is private until you Share it. When you share a collection, you have the option to make it public, or to restrict viewing only to those who are invited. With Lightroom Classic, sharing has to be done from the Lightroom website (lightroom.adobe.com).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, if I DON'T WANT some pics to be uploaded, I should remove them from Collection/album, is it correct?
thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer depends on whether you are using Lightroom Classic or Lightroom. Because you posted in the Lightroom Classic community, I assumed you are using Classic. Below are the answers for both applications.

If you do not want a photo to be synced to the Adobe cloud:

• For Lightroom Classic, do not include the photo in any collection that has sync enabled. This is easy in Classic because Classic uses local storage as primary storage, so nothing in Classic is synced by default. Photos are synced only if you manually enabled syncing for a collection. 
  • For Lightroom, do not add the photo to Lightroom. This is because all photos added to Lightroom are synced to the Cloud, because Lightroom uses the cloud as primary storage. You cannot have photos in Lightroom that are not synced to the cloud.

If your concern is that you do not want photos to be public, you can still use syncing in both Classic and non-Classic. In both Classic or non-Classic, uploading does not automatically make photos public. The only photos that are public are those in a collection (Classic) or album (non-Classic) that you specifically both Share and make public. So if your concern is about the public seeing your photos, you can sync photos and while keeping them private. They are private until you make them public.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, it was definitely helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you are talking about Lightroom (Cloud) and not Lightroom Classic, you probably ought not to be asking in the Lightroom Classic forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks you are right!! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very interesting questions.

1) you still own your photos in the cloud 100%. No doubt. Be reinsured on that subject.
2) Adobe sync is a nightmare. Welcome to the club. This monster is out of control even for Adobe which has given up trying to fix it and solve the thousands of problems encountered by users.

So be patient. One day, maybe, Adobe will set up a better system like ON1 360. This one works better. At least you understand what it does.

Best Regards
Eric Pecquerie
Sent from my iPad Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines