• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lightroom collection share color space problem

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi everyone , when i share photos via collection with lightroom web , it shares photos in p3 color space , how can i change it to srgb ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on a mac? If you check your System Preferences > Displays  >  Color > Profile what is is set to there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since it's all color managed, it doesn't really matter that the data is in DCI-P3, what matters is the data is tagged as such. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, not all web browsers are completely color managed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They either are or not and if not, sRGB is a meaningless concept as is the condition of the display. Visually all bets are off:

sRGB urban legend & myths Part 2 In this 17 minute video, I'll discuss some more sRGB misinformation and cover: When to use sRGB and what to expect on the web and mobile devices How sRGB doesn't insure a visual match without color management, how to check The downsides of an all sRGB workflow sRGB's color gamut vs. "professional" output devices The future of sRGB and wide gamut display technology Photo print labs that demand sRGB for output High resolution: http://digitaldog.net/files/sRGBMythsPart2.mp4 Low resolution on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyvVUL1gWVs

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I had images for sharing that relied on a known colour space, I'd embed that in Photoshop first.

Do realise that for a large collection this may be time consuming, but it would give you certainty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines