• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Collections Out of Order Online?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I create a collection in Lightroom and make it public the photos are out of order when I look at them online. Does anyone know how to fix this or reorder them when viewing them online?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

The only way I've figured out how to do this and have them stay in that order regardless of how things are later adjusted, is to go to the Collection, and rename then in the Collection. This does mean that these names will be different than the the rest of the items from the folder that they came from.

Then, in the Lightroom web, sort by name, not by date.

I do wish they'd let us sort the images and then provide an option to save those sort settings that can be accessed from the same dropdow

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way I've figured out how to do this and have them stay in that order regardless of how things are later adjusted, is to go to the Collection, and rename then in the Collection. This does mean that these names will be different than the the rest of the items from the folder that they came from.

Then, in the Lightroom web, sort by name, not by date.

I do wish they'd let us sort the images and then provide an option to save those sort settings that can be accessed from the same dropdown menu that provides sort by name & date, it would then provide name, date, and "my favorite sort."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer. I agree with you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Seems like gary_sc has provided a solution for johnc.

Unless a much better solution appears, I've marked this strategy / workaround as appropriate and therfore correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines