• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Collections

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently attempted to back up some of my collections, and I lost most of them, as well as most of my folders.  Can I restore them? If so, how do I do that?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't back up your collections. You can only back up the catalog, and the photos.

So, please explain what you did, in detail, step-by-step. Also, please state the name and version NUMBER of your software  and the version NUMBER of your operating system. (We need the version NUMBER and not words like "latest" or "up-to-date")

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started to back up some of my collections, and somehow I messed up the
files on my hard drive, I don't know, and when going back into Lightroom,
most of my folders and collections were gone. It's hard to retrace all of
my steps. I have LrC 10.1.1 and Windows 10.

Allan Syphers
PO Box 535
Gwynedd Valley, PA 19437

*Allan Syphers Photography*

www.allansyphers.com
allanmsyphers@gmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I started to back up some of my collections, and somehow I messed up thefiles on my hard drive, I don't know, and when going back into Lightroom,most of my folders and collections were gone. It's hard to retrace all ofmy steps.
By @allans3658133

This is not specific enough to know what you did. How (what exact steps), in detail, were you performing to "backup some of my collections."

Alternatively, can you show us screen captures (by including them in your reply by clicking on the "Insert PHotos" icon; do not attach files) of the problem as you now see it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines