Highlighted

Lightroom crash in Develop module while editing 16K DNG 360 panorama file

Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated all the app a couple of days ago and before of that I never had any issue editing 16K DNG files in Lightroom and Photoshop.
At the moment I can import and edit a DNG file, but as soon as I change photo and go back to the edited one it freeze. It looks like there's something wrong in Lightroom or Camera Raw 12.3 because if I want to open that edited DNG file in Photoshop or Bridge, they both freeze.

If on the contrary I open an unedited 16K DNG it opens flawlessly.

Maybe a bad metatada is causing this issue, I don't know, but right now I can't edit those edited DNG anymore. If you want that edited DNG please let me know beacuse is aroud 800MB.

My configuration is Win 10 Home (May update) / i7-8th gen / 16GB of Ram / Nvidia GTX1050 4GB with the latest and updated Adobe CC software.

EDIT

I've tried many different approaches to better undestand this issue, ranging from the latest update of Windows 10 (May update) to all the latest Creative cloud programs.

In my laptop I've also the integrated GPU Intel UHD 630 that in my case was responbible of many and many issue I'm having. I've completely uninstalled the driver and didnt't use Win 10 auto update becasue it didn't downloaded the latest. Once I've updated with the latest Intel drivers, Photoshop and Bridge started working properly with those 16K DNG files.

Lightroom unfortunately still crashes (while in develop module) even If I create a brand new catalogue, but only while I'm trying to work on these big files, because I don't have any problem with other normal DNG.

I hope you figure out this issue and I suggest to write all the GPU (integrated and discrete) info in the System Information of Lightroom because listing all the GPU can help you a lot to give the right answer or the right suggestion.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom crash in Develop module while editing 16K DNG 360 panorama file

Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated all the app a couple of days ago and before of that I never had any issue editing 16K DNG files in Lightroom and Photoshop.
At the moment I can import and edit a DNG file, but as soon as I change photo and go back to the edited one it freeze. It looks like there's something wrong in Lightroom or Camera Raw 12.3 because if I want to open that edited DNG file in Photoshop or Bridge, they both freeze.

If on the contrary I open an unedited 16K DNG it opens flawlessly.

Maybe a bad metatada is causing this issue, I don't know, but right now I can't edit those edited DNG anymore. If you want that edited DNG please let me know beacuse is aroud 800MB.

My configuration is Win 10 Home (May update) / i7-8th gen / 16GB of Ram / Nvidia GTX1050 4GB with the latest and updated Adobe CC software.

EDIT

I've tried many different approaches to better undestand this issue, ranging from the latest update of Windows 10 (May update) to all the latest Creative cloud programs.

In my laptop I've also the integrated GPU Intel UHD 630 that in my case was responbible of many and many issue I'm having. I've completely uninstalled the driver and didnt't use Win 10 auto update becasue it didn't downloaded the latest. Once I've updated with the latest Intel drivers, Photoshop and Bridge started working properly with those 16K DNG files.

Lightroom unfortunately still crashes (while in develop module) even If I create a brand new catalogue, but only while I'm trying to work on these big files, because I don't have any problem with other normal DNG.

I hope you figure out this issue and I suggest to write all the GPU (integrated and discrete) info in the System Information of Lightroom because listing all the GPU can help you a lot to give the right answer or the right suggestion.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe rolling back to the last versions of LrC, PS and Bridge is what you should try.

You can do that in the CC desktop app.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 21, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is a "16K DNG file"?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 21, 2020 0
Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

16K dng?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 21, 2020 0
Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"that edited DNG please let me know beacuse is aroud 800MB."

800MB- Whaaaat? How is this achieved?

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 10.0, Photoshop 22.0, Lightroom 4.0, Windows-10. Nikon DSLR.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 21, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Past that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs.

davidg36166309_0-1592791379070.png

davidg36166309_1-1592791379072.png

davidg36166309_2-1592791379072.png

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 21, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody and thanks for the various reply.

@Just Shoot Me

I'll try that asap. (EDIT: I've done that but unfortunately nothing changed)

@dj_paige / @kentdesign / @WobertC

I have a 360 camera that is capable of rendering a 16K final DNG image file of 134Mpix, that's why I was saying 16K DNG 🙂

Since the DNG is not compressed at all it weights around 800MB but usually after editing in the previous lightroom version it varies from 350MB to 500MB (after exporting to DNG again to save space).

The only way I can export that kind of edited image in the latest version of LRC is to remain in the Library module and export it without having any freeze. Same thing if I want to copy the Develop setting...remaining in the Library let me do that but IF I click the Developer module than it freezes immediately.

Only a fresh unedited DNG can be edited into the developer module...nothing more that that, but after the edit if I move to another image and go back to previous edited one, it freeze LRC.

@davidg36166309

These are the details you've requested:

Lightroom Classic version: 9.3 [ 202005281810-476e492c ]
License: Creative Cloud
Language setting: en
Operating system: Windows 10 - Home Premium Edition
Version: 10.0.19041
Application architecture: x64
System architecture: x64
Logical processor count: 12
Processor speed: 2,2 GHz
SqLite Version: 3.30.1
Built-in memory: 16235,2 MB
Real memory available to Lightroom: 16235,2 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 1067,2 MB (6,5%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 1939,4 MB
GDI objects count: 673
USER objects count: 2292
Process handles count: 1913
Memory cache size: 12,6MB
Internal Camera Raw version: 12.3 [ 493 ]
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 5
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2
Camera Raw virtual memory: 138MB / 8117MB (1%)
Camera Raw real memory: 148MB / 16235MB (0%)
System DPI setting: 216 DPI (high DPI mode)
Desktop composition enabled: Yes
Displays: 1) 3840x2160, 2) 1920x1200
Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: No, External touch: No, External pen: No, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info:
DirectX: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 (26.21.14.4292)

Application folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom Classic
Library Path: D:\IMAGES\_LIGHTROOM\Lightroom\Lightroom.lrcat
Settings Folder: C:\Users\andre\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom

Installed Plugins:
1) Export to Photomatix Pro
2) Luminar 4
3) The Fader

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 22, 2020 0