• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Crashes Within a Few Seconds of Opening It

Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No matter what Lightroom Classic version I install, it crashes within a few seconds of opening. I have tried each of the versions (9.3, 9.2.1, 9.2, 9.1, and 9.0) and it's the same response for all of them. I also tried reverting back to 8.4.1 but it says my catalog is incompatible so I can't use that.

I saw in other threads someone suggest reseting the preferences. I did that, and it did not fix the issue.

Anyone have any other ideas? Also I tried searching for Adobe customer service and it seems that is not really an option?!

I am running macOS Catalina Version 10.15.6. I was having the same issue even before I updated to this version. Started a couple weeks ago, for no apparent reason.

Thanks for any ideas. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Thank you @just shoot me. I was able to get Adobe to log on remotely and the issue was some sort of permission on the catalog. Don't know how it got messed up. Thanks for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If turning off the GPU doesn't stop the crashes then you have a computer hardware problem. Could be RAM or the system is overheating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @just shoot me. I was able to get Adobe to log on remotely and the issue was some sort of permission on the catalog. Don't know how it got messed up. Thanks for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with lightroom displaying: not responding & crashing minutes after startup. Can you share what permissions had to be changed to fix your issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I honestly don't know what he did beyond what I said above. I recommend you allow them to remotely access your computer if you can't figure it out. I went to customer service and submitted a request. It was a little scary having someone else on my computer but I hadn't been able to figure it all out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines