Highlighted

Lightroom crashing

Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently bought lightroom this week with the newest version. However, everytime i go over to the presets section my whole laptop freezes and then it crashes everytime i try to use a preset. It always says not responding when i go to presets. After that lightroom takes 85% CPU. Everything is new my laptop and lightroom. The problem only happens when i go to presets.lightroom glitch.PNGlightroom lag.PNG

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator}

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Presets or profiles, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom crashing

Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently bought lightroom this week with the newest version. However, everytime i go over to the presets section my whole laptop freezes and then it crashes everytime i try to use a preset. It always says not responding when i go to presets. After that lightroom takes 85% CPU. Everything is new my laptop and lightroom. The problem only happens when i go to presets.lightroom glitch.PNGlightroom lag.PNG

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator}

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Presets or profiles, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 26, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you purchased 3rd party presets? If yes are they compatible with this version of Lightroom? If  they are 3rd party and  you  remove them do  you still have the  same problem with Lr?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 01, 2020 0
dj_paige LATEST
LEGEND ,
May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"However, everytime i go over to the presets section my whole laptop freezes and then it crashes everytime i try to use a preset."

Whole laptop freezing and crashing (as opposed to just Lightroom freezing and crashing) is always a bad driver somewhere, or a hardware malfunction. First update and reinstall your graphics driver, your motherboard driver and any other that might be present. If that doesn't help you need to run diagnostics on all of your hardware.

Of course, your title seems to contradict your test. The title says Lightroom crashing, the text says the entire laptop crashes, so which is it?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 01, 2020 0