Highlighted

Lightroom does not find previously imported photos

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning.
I have a problem with photos in Lightroom Classic.
Often, when I reopen the program to continue working on the pictures is the information "pictures not found".
Why doesn't the program see the photos I imported and worked with them the day before?
What should I do to open photos and work with them?
Please help.
Regards Anett

TOPICS
Import and export, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom does not find previously imported photos

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning.
I have a problem with photos in Lightroom Classic.
Often, when I reopen the program to continue working on the pictures is the information "pictures not found".
Why doesn't the program see the photos I imported and worked with them the day before?
What should I do to open photos and work with them?
Please help.
Regards Anett

TOPICS
Import and export, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to give more information, like which version of Lightroom Classic, which OS (Mac or Windows), where are the pictures stored (internal hard drive or external hard drive). For example: when the pictures are stored on an external hard drive on a Windows computer, then that hard drive may have gotten a different drive letter after restart. That would make Lightroom lose the connection to the pictures. On a Macintosh that cannot happen, so if you use a Macintsh then there must be another explanation.

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 21, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have windows 10, Lightroom Classic version 9.21.
Stores photos on an external disk. The disk name has not changed for a year.
I don't understand this problem. This happens very often, but I don't remember how my friend restored the pictures. He is not available now and I have to go back to work with photos.
This recurring problem is annoying to me and I don't have technical knowledge about the programs.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read my message again, because I already explained what may have happened: Windows sometimes assigns a different drive letter to a drive on restart. It will still be the same physical drive, but yesterday Windows used the letter D for example (and so that is where Lightroom thinks the images should be) and today it uses the letter E for that same drive. The result is that Lightroom is now looking for the images on the wrong drive letter, so it can't find them.

The best way to solve this is to assign a fixed drive letter. Use a letter further down in the alphabet, such as P (for Photos). Here's how to do that: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-assign-permanent-drive-letter-windows-10 Then 'relink' the folders in the Lightroom catalog: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-photos-missing-fix/

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 21, 2020 0