• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom doesn't display photos when importing (version 8.1)

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Community,

I used lightroom for years on my previous computer and it worked fine but the 4 GB ram became quite low. So i bought the new M1 macbook air with 16 GB ram with Big Sur operation system
Now I have the 8.1. version of lightroom on this macbook. I wanted to test it and when I want to import photos from the memory card it doesn't display them. I can see all the photos when the library show all photos but it is blank, it is just the title (number) of the photo and then nothing is visible as image. If i change it to display only one photo it says nothing is visible, no photo there.

I have tried to find the answer on the forum and i saw that sometimes there are solutions around the destination folder but it seems that is not my problem.
Also i cannot choose "add", only copy is available. So it is not a solution either to swith from add to copy as it is already the default setting.

I took  photos to show you the problem.
Thanks in advance for your answer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You never get Add with a memory card. This is to prevent a situation where to use Add, then wipe the card, losing your photos. 

Catalina and Big Sur made a lot of changes to the underlying UI, so I'd try updating to Lightroom 10 here before trying anything else. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines