• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom doesn´t work

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have problems with Lightroom, the app freezes and even my iMac switch off. I reinstall creative cloud and update LR but I still have the same problem. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry about the experience due to the app freezing.

Please share the version of Lightroom along with your macOS version. Does the app freezes while performing a specific task?

Does it help if you deselect the option "Use Graphics Processor" located in Lightroom's Preferences > Performance menu, then relaunch the app?

To get started, you may checkout the steps mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-basic-troubleshooting-fix-most-issues.html 

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you guys at Adobe crazy? There is enormous amount of posts about this GPU memory leak bug. 

I was personaly reporting it on Adobe chat support early December! Nobody was listening!

Easy to reporoduce, critical bug. Included in 10.1 and 10.1.1. This is just pure ignorance! Pull latests LrC updates and fix it ASAP!!!

The bug is so critical that I suspect it might even damage GPU permanently. 

At least publish official statement and help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, but it that case this is a hugely confusing. 

• Login here is using Adobe ID
  • hosted on "*.adobe.com"
  • guy on Adobe Support char forwared me here as a place to go for "submitting bugs/complains". 
  • There are accounts with "Adobe Employee" badges. 

Why shloud I think it is not Adobe? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

yes this can be confusing for everyone including you, me and Adobe staff in support.

Some time ago Adobe adopted a new bug reporting/recording tool for some apps including Lightroom and Photoshop. The forum software was not really compatible (it never had been) so a new forum on a different site was started where bugs and errors could be posted and seen by staff on the teams that also worked with the bug system internally.

These forums are now mostly for guiding users with operational problems and are monitored by Users like you and me with some being given Adobe Community Professsional Badges (with some benefits) and or Moderator rights.

The result is here support staff and users help with users operational issues and at Photoshop.com bugs and technical issues are addressed by Users again plus Staff from the relevant teams. 

Hope that helps ... it ain't so simple anymore 😉😉

best regards

Geoff the Kiwi in Africa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!

Sure, it helped a lot.  It's clear to me now! 

But won't be clear to anyone else until Adobe (or someone) will make it more understandable. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What LrC version?

If v10.1, or 10.1.1, did it work back at v10.0?

If not, did it work back at v9.4?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines