• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom drag and drop not working

Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom classic and running most recent version of Catalina.  My drag and drop dragging photos into collections is not working.  I know it's not the computer because I can drag things around on my desktop.  I want to organize photos into collections and I cannot get anything to drag - whether a single photo or several at a time.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to drag photos within LR by dragging from the center of the thumbnail itself, not the grey border around it. (This is a long-time misfeature of LR that trips up many people.)

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not drag and drop to move files or to put into collection as of the last update 9.4.  And I am dragging from the center of the thumbnail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not having this problem in Lightroom Classic 9.4, Windows 10.

Are you sure you are dragging into a Collection, and not a smart collection or collection set?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I can not drag and drop to move files or to put into collection as of the last update 9.4.  And I am dragging from the center of the thumbnail."

First troubleshooting steps to figure out what's going wrong:

- Try making a new collection -- can you drag into that?

- Right-click one of the problem collections and do Set As Target Collection. Then right-click one of the problem photos and do Add To Target Collection.  Does that work?

- Try making a new test catalog, import a few photos into it, and make a new collection -- can you drag photos into that?

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't dray and drop to collections or any othe folders

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you point your mouse at a photo and then hold the mouse button and drag, even if you drag a millimeter or two, you should see a teeny tiny thumbnail and hand icon, both of which move to where you drag it. Do you see that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen shot of what dj_paige is referring to.

2020-08-23 09_02_50-LR Classic V9 Catalog - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dragging from the desktop into Lightroom Library wouldn't work until I disconnected my mobile phone from the laptop!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2023 Apr 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this topic still open? I'm also having this issue. I can technically drag the photos around, but the collections show with a "no" symbol (circle & slash) when I try to drop into them. I have shut down my computer multiple times and reset preferences and none have made any difference. My mobile isn't connected to the computer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the exact same issue.  any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. I just turned my computer off and on again and the problem was solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2023 Apr 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad that worked for you. It has not worked for me unfortunately. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 29, 2023 Apr 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Tara29424702css8, this is an old thread. I recommend you start a new thread, describing in detail the exact steps you're taking and what you see. Include the exact version of LR you're running.  Best would be to make a full-resolution screen recording of the entire LR window showing the bad behavior and attach it to your post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines