Highlighted

Lightroom edit in Photoshop is gray in the pick list

New Here ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what's changed. I am no longer able to open an image edited in Lightroom using Right Click>Edit in Photoshop or Edit in Photoshop Layers. I'm using current versions of both Lightroom CC and Photoshop.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom edit in Photoshop is gray in the pick list

New Here ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what's changed. I am no longer able to open an image edited in Lightroom using Right Click>Edit in Photoshop or Edit in Photoshop Layers. I'm using current versions of both Lightroom CC and Photoshop.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved from Community Help (which is about the forums) to a better forum
To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/

When you ask a question you need to provide some basic information
-Forum quick start https://community.adobe.com/t5/Community-Help/ASK-Forum-Success-Guide-Efficiently-using-the-forums/t...
- https://community.adobe.com/t5/Get-Started/Questions-you-need-to-answer-to-receive-better-help/td-p/...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using LR Classic, the traditional version of LR, or the newer Cloud Centric version Lightroom?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the desktop version. Lightroom Classic Version 9.2.1

Photoshop version 21.1.2

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fix is often to use the CC application to reinstall first Photoshop, then Lightroom. Worth a try. Keep your preferences (an option you'll be asked for), nothing lost. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! That seemed to do the trick.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Smart Previews?

Are you working with smart prviews? And if so, are the original photos available or not (perhaps on an external hard drive not currently connected/turbed on?) If not, grayed out Edit in...

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.3, PS 21.2.1; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.6; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And see:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/edit-photoshop-command-missing-photoshop.html

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.3, PS 21.2.1; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.6; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines