• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom en Photo Mechanic

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon, I have a problem synchronizing Photo Mechanic to Lightroom. Lightroom does not take the stars and tags from PM. I have no idea how to solve this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never used Photo Mechanic so I cannot speak with athority on that but there are applications from two different companies. I am not surprised that they do not speak to each other. FWIW, ratings that one gives in Bridge do not show up in Lightroom either (and vise versa).

Don't think we can help you with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many stars does PM use?

If more than LrC, that would be an issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both PM and LrC use a 5 star rating scale.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give details about your workflow.  Do you assign rating and keywords in PM before you import the photos into LR or after?  Are the photos raw or JPEG?

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Let's say that before you import files into LR, you review them in PM and add stars and keywords (is that what you mean by "tags"). Then you import the files. LR should then read stars and keywords and other metadata. From my experience and a quick test, that's reliable.

Now imagine you import the files into LR, then add stars etc in PM. In this case LR doesn't know that you've done this and doesn't automatically update. You'd need to use Metadata > Read Metadata from files. But if you've done stuff in LR, this would overwrite it, and I wouldn't recommend using PM if you first import files to LR - you're just making work for yourself.

The above may explain what you are seeing. But are you sure that the files you are changing in PM are the same as the files in LR - you may have copies. Also consider that the Import option for embedded previews gives you much faster review speed and means less need for PM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines