• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lightroom encountered an error when reading a catalog file and needs to quit

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

subject is the error message i received when i open my catalog into Adobe Photoshop LR Classis (9.3 Release)

LRC tried repairing the catalaog but it says unable to repair. 

i tried renaming catalog and it will give me same error. i have spent 3-4 hours editting and do not want to lose that. This is running on windows 10 os. can someone please help me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will most likely need to unzip a recent backup of this catalog file and use that.

I would put this unzipped backup in a different folder than the original and see if it opens. If that doesn't work, unzip the backup again and try placing it on a different disk and see if it opens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unfortunately, i do no have back up of this catalog. i was hoping if somone can help guide on fixing the catalog that has an issue... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixing catalogs is a rare thing indeed, and I would not count on it.

Not having a backup is entirely preventable, and in the future, you really have no excuse not to have backups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try posting over at the official Adobe feedback site, where actual Adobe Techs interact, where Adobe prefers to see issues.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom?topi...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So people don't have to download the image you have attached to your post please Edit your post to remove the Attached screen shot and Include it in the body of the text of your post.

You do that by Clicking the "More..." link at the bottom of your post, Selecting "Edit Message" and then use the "Insert Photos" icon in the tool bar at the top of the Post/Reply/Edit dialog box like this.

2020-06-07 19_13_42-Camera Raw Brush tool problem - Adobe Support Community - 11189555.png
Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Annotation 2020-08-12 160609.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And, speaking if the feedback site, is this yours? Screenshot identical

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-encountered-an-error-when-reading-a...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines