• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom encountered an error when reading from its preview cache and needs to quit

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After doing some research it seems like 5 years later and this problem still isn't fixed in Lightroom Classic. Am trying to use v9.4 installed on 9/7/2020 as a free trial of Adobe Creative Cloud Photog. Plan offer from a Seagate Ext. HD purchase. There is no CAT.Lrdata folder to be found located in the program file in the Pictures folder. The only files in the app folder can be viewed in the attached photo.

I have not imported any photos as I can't get past this problem with the app so logically(?) there wouldn't be any preview cache.

I'm running a Dell Inspiron 3650/Windows10 Home, see attached specs file.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First see:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-gives-error-preview-cache.html

Now it sounds like you already have.

But, were you in the correct folder? 

So, instead of starting LrC, the common way, instead in that folder, double click on the catalog, a file ending with .lrcat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No luck, David... I am loosing the hope. Reinstalled LrC, created new admin user, tried to launch LrC. Lightroom-classic fails.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There should be a XXX Previews.lrdata folder inside your catalog folder. Delete it. 

Worst case, hold down Control as you launch Lightroom and create a new catalog in the dialog that shows. As you've not imported photos, losing the original catalog shouldn't matter. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know this solution, but it doesn't help. I even made a new user to try from the scratch - no success. But cloud vesion of Lightroom works just fine... But I don't like it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines