• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Error

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Creative Cloud on my Mac yesterday. When I tried to open Lightroom, the notice below appeared. I logged out of my account, logged back in, restarted my computer, waited a day, but the same notice pops up each time I've reopened the app. The Photoshop app is working, so I'm not sure why Lightroom is the only one with errors.

Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 5.19.50 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you state PS works, I assume you are subscribing to one of the two Photography Plans, and not the Lightroom Plan.

But, did you launch Lightroom Classic, or Lightroom?

V9.3 of Lightroom Classic, now has an icon with the letters LrC in it.

Remember Lightroom, aka LR Cloudy or to us old farts as LR POS is not the standard desktop application storing data in a catalog and photos on a hard drive, but uses a Album on the cloud and stores photos on the cloud. Oh, it runs  on your computer, but most everything else via the internet.  Lightroom Classic uses a catalog on a hard drive, stores photos on a hard drive, and only needs access to the internet to install, update, authenticate, publish, and sync if syncing to the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its not LrC, just Lr. Sorry, I may have asked this in the wrong discussion board. Should I download Lightroom Classic onto my desktop instead?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are paying for the Photography Plan, then YES, install LrC

For LR post in: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom/bd-p/lightroom?page=1&sort=latest_replies&filter=unresolved

For LrC, yes, post here. Looking forward to actual LrC postings.  Fairly sure you will be haappier with LrC over LR. If you had the old stand alone Adobe Lightroom, say v6, then LrC is its successor.

Blame product name confusion on Adobe Marketing Geniuses (not).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh, one variation on that. Is that error occurring when the new LrC install goes to authenticate your copy?

If so, try signing out in the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App, then sign back in. Make sure that computer has internet access before doing so.

WARNING, the above will temporarily deactivate  your  Adobe  apps  including PS..  Signing back in should  reactivate them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines