Highlighted

Lightroom export presets

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot get the number sequencing in Lightroom's export presets to get off of the starting number I enter.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom export presets

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot get the number sequencing in Lightroom's export presets to get off of the starting number I enter.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 09, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The number you enter is the number it uses. What do you mean by "get off"?

If you are referring to a saved preset that always shows a number not wanted, you can change the number and Update the Preset.

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 10.0, Photoshop 22.0.1, Lightroom 4.0, Windows-10 Nikon DSLR.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In creating a new Lightroom export preset I first go to File Naming and under Custom Settings drag down to Edit. This opens up the Filename Template Editor. In there I add various things I want to see. I add the Sequence number and choose a style for the sequence number. Then I add all this as a new export preset. Before exporting I put in a Start Number for the sequencing. 

When applying this preset to export future images the number will not increment. It just stays on the original Start Number. 

I’m thinking that I may have a bad copy of Lightroom, but can’t figure out how to download another copy from my subscription

Thanks!

Sam1145. ,

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 09, 2020 0
WobertC LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for explanation.

Lightroom is not intelligent!  It does not 'remember' a sequence number  to be able to 'carry on' from the last seq number used/applied. There are many different uses for sequencing!

So each Export process will start from 001 again, unless you manually reset the sequence start to a new number.

'Pencil and paper' is the best suggestion I have seen- to record the 'last' number used, and enter the 'next' number in the next export.

You say "I add the Sequence number and choose a style". The bracketed number you see (eg. 01) when creating a Rename Preset is only a style Preview. 

ScreenShot336.jpg

Your 'Start' number can be entered in the Export dialog.

ScreenShot335.jpg

eg. A Rename preset might allow you to rename with a Sequence and Custom Text.

ScreenShot339.jpg

ScreenShot338.jpg

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 10.0, Photoshop 22.0.1, Lightroom 4.0, Windows-10 Nikon DSLR.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 09, 2020 0