• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom exports a jpg with errors.

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really sure what's going on. I am working on a file that needs more work than I usually do. It's really more of an experiment and a learning exercise, and very much a work in progress. It's a fuji raf file from an x-e2, here is an export of the original:

qoU5Ig6.jpg

And here is the current state of the edit:

gebVzeG.jpg

This is really more of a job for photoshop, I think - but I don't know how to use it. I used a lot of adjustment brushes, and aside from being slow as molasses it's being weird all around. First, the exported file is bigger than usual for its size, about double (around 1mb for a 1600px longest side 70% quality jpg). The export process is unusually slow. And everything is kind of slow at opening them, slower than things usually are, including the OS thumbnail preview generator. Much slower than other files, even many times the size.

My usual image viewer (xee) hangs after opening the processed file. Another one reports validation errors but won't tell me what kind. This is the only image that this is happening with. Can Lightroom output a corrupted file if you use too many layers?

Imgur recompresses and fixes the file - it's back to a sensible size and doesn't make anything crash. But here is the original bloated crash-prone jpg that Lightroom gives me:

https://mega.nz/#!d74zUSSK!eBCHSg3rbwO9_Mktj2vzpDKuiX9hdzYKZowSJHM6AUA

I recently updated to High Sierra and that can be causing strangeness too. Very confusing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

I used a lot of adjustment brushes, and aside from being slow as molasses it's being weird all around.

Doing a lot of brushing is known to slow Lightroom down, and is possibly also the cause of the slow export.

I'm guessing that the edits you have done can to a large extent be achieved using a combination of global adjustments and graduated filters.

the exported file is bigger than usual for its size, about double

The file size of a jpg is largely dependent on image content.

In general, busy sharp de

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I used a lot of adjustment brushes, and aside from being slow as molasses it's being weird all around.

Doing a lot of brushing is known to slow Lightroom down, and is possibly also the cause of the slow export.

I'm guessing that the edits you have done can to a large extent be achieved using a combination of global adjustments and graduated filters.

the exported file is bigger than usual for its size, about double

The file size of a jpg is largely dependent on image content.

In general, busy sharp detail means large file size, smooth flat areas means small file size.

So the "bloated" file size is caused by image content.

For more information, see File formats

My usual image viewer (xee) hangs after opening the processed file. Another one reports validation errors but won't tell me what kind

The file you linked to opens without problems for me in ACDSee and Photoshop - as far as I can tell, there is nothing wrong with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines