• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom extremely slow on Mac. Branched from older conversation.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same issue qith LR performance.

Interesting fact is that I'm using the same camera, same filesizes and similar presets and in the past I didn't have any of those problems. Lightroom was working smoothly. With each new version is getting worse. Now I'm having problems when viewing photos in library. going from one photo to another takes 1-2 seconds. I've never had this problem in the past. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what is Adobe going to do about it? I have three memory cards I'm afraid
to upload to LR because I'm afraid something will go wrong. They have
caused fear in me. Soon they will make me hate shooting digital. Too much
wrong with a company that loves to make everything crazy and not
simplified. It's the way they think It's in their DNA. Make it complicated
and unnecessarily difficult and convoluted. They need to take simplicity,
user friendly ideas from Apple!
I'm disgusted really.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think they will do nothing until they loose 50% of the users. I'm already trying new tools which works perfectly fine with the same files. Or I will try to run old version of LR one that wasn't BROKEN 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a Specific Computer Problem. Whether or not you are using a Mac or Win PC.

It is not true for all Macs or Win PCs.

What is causing it No One Knows. If they (Adobe) did they would Fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using mac so explain to me how it is my macs fault when nothing was changed on it. Hardware is the same even mac os version was the same (i thought that was an issue but I've made an update but it didn't help) my camera is the same and runs on the same settings. The only one thing which is different is version of the lightroom. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote:

so explain to me how it is my macs fault when nothing was changed on it

End Quote:

I can't and Neither can Adobe. That was what I was trying to express to you.

That is why I said NO ONE KNOWS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Just installed LR version 9.0 and guess what. It works great with pictures from the same session no lag in both library and develop modules. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes that is the other solution I should have mentioned. Hopefully Adobe fixes this bug in LRC 10.2. It's annoying that this bug hits people that actually do the right thing and calibrate their displays.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a known bug in the current Lightroom Classic version on the latest Mac OS X versions when using certain calibrated display profiles (not all trigger this). It will slow down browsing in library enormously. Try selecting the system default display profile in your system preferences and see if it makes a difference. Reverting to Classic 10.0 should fix it for now I understand. For some reason I don't have the problem with my display profile but lots of people have it and it was acknowledged by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines