Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom failing to import

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

For some unknown reason I can't get lightroom to import my images. I am trying to import these mixture of raw files and tiffs below as per normal.

(Sometimes the previews show, other times it doesn't, even after a long wait.)

I click on import and it shows "importing files" both on the centre of the screen and "importing files from their current location" the action bar in the top left.

No matter how long I leave it it does not import and Lightroom has not frozen it just simply does not import.

I click on the small x on the action bar in the top left to cancel the import and it states "no photos or videos are found to import".

I have uninstalled and reinstalled lightroom, I have tried loading backups. I have even deleted every catalogue I own and backups to start from scratch and tried other hard drives etc etc. Nothing has fixed this issue. Rendering this program absolutely useless to me.

I have used lightroom for over 6 years. This is CC 2015.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Try to deactivate the GPU support.

Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ

Do you have install the latest version of Lightroom (2015.12)?

Axel

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the Lightroom menu > help > system info

which exact version of LR are you using?

Looks like you are on Windows, which version?

In the Lightroom Import dialog, pick "copy" at the top, in the Destination panel pick something real, at the top go back to "add".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to deactivate the GPU support.

Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ

Do you have install the latest version of Lightroom (2015.12)?

Axel

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same exact problem. I am using Lightroom 5.6. The reply (deactivate the GPU support) only applies to more recent versions of Lightroom, so I cannot apply this suggestion. The import funciton used to work fine. Could it be that 5.6 is not compatible with Catalina (I recently upgraded)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah Could be. Not compat with Catalina. Exactly!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines