• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom failing to upload images from camera

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! I'm trying to upload images from my canon 5d miv camera (like I have done successfully a zillion times) but this time LR seems to be freezing the upload. I have the latest LR Classic update (9.2) and am working on iMac Catalina OS using a usb cable to upload images (as usual). When I open LR and select 'import' the images on my camera are all visible and selectable but when I click ok to 'import' LR seems to indefinitely remain at 'copying files...' 

any clues as to what could be going on?

thanks!

I've attached a couple of screen shots to illustrate

screenshot of LR trying to copy and import imagesscreenshot of LR trying to copy and import imagesmessage that appears when I finally cancel the frozen uploadmessage that appears when I finally cancel the frozen upload

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

"Destination folder is not writeable". Change the Destination folder back to what it was previously when you successfully imported.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Destination folder is not writeable". Change the Destination folder back to what it was previously when you successfully imported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did change it back, or so I thought, before posting this, but it was still not uploading them. However, when I returned a while later I noticed that in the top right hand corner of the window it says 'To -> .....' and for some reason it was directed to an unwritable part of my computer. All's well now, thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2023 Nov 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How do I change the destination folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines