Highlighted

Lightroom folders are suddenly empty

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been a lightroom user for many years, and consider myself pretty savy.  As of yesterday, all of my folders on my external harddrive just say no photos in selected folder.  There is still an image count in the navigator, AND my photos are all still there when I actually check the hard drive.  I tried un-installing and re-installing Lightroom yesterday.  I've tried re-importing all of the images, and it tells me the images have already been imported.  I'm at a bit of a loss on what else to do.  Photos on my computers harddrive are still showing up just fine.  I have also dismounted and remounted my external harddrive.

[Moving from generic Start/Help forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]
[To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/]

Topics

Bug, Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom folders are suddenly empty

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been a lightroom user for many years, and consider myself pretty savy.  As of yesterday, all of my folders on my external harddrive just say no photos in selected folder.  There is still an image count in the navigator, AND my photos are all still there when I actually check the hard drive.  I tried un-installing and re-installing Lightroom yesterday.  I've tried re-importing all of the images, and it tells me the images have already been imported.  I'm at a bit of a loss on what else to do.  Photos on my computers harddrive are still showing up just fine.  I have also dismounted and remounted my external harddrive.

[Moving from generic Start/Help forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]
[To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/]

Topics

Bug, Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the Cloud Centric Lightroom or the Traditional LR Classic version?

It sounds like you are using Classic so I am going to move this discussion over to the LR Classic forum.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show us a screen shot of what you are seeing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
dj_paige LATEST
LEGEND ,
Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of yesterday, all of my folders on my external harddrive just say no photos in selected folder.

This seems to imply (could you please confirm) that you see this in Lightroom.

Your photos are somewhere in Lightroom (because you can't import them again) but not in the folder you think they are in. This usually happens when you accidentally import using COPY instead of ADD. T

You need to find these photos in Lightroom. Follow all of these four steps in order:

1. In the Lightroom Library Module, on the left, under Catalog, click on All Photographs
2. Turn off all filters (Ctrl-L once or twice)
3. Turn off all stacking (Photo->Stacking->Expand All Stacks)
4. Search for at least one of these photos by file name using the Lightroom Filter Bar

Once you find them, we can instruct you further.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines