• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lightroom freezes when using sync in development module

Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2020 Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, since the upgrade a couple of days ago, when i edit a photo, select other photos and sync, Lightroom freezes and i have ctl alt delete, and then delete the lock file. its driving me nuts! my pc is only about 5 months old, i havent even used half the storage, so its not that, im talking to support and they want to access my pc, which im not donig,

gees, it happens to others ive googled it, but the comments are all months old. 

can anyone help me please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 16, 2020 Feb 16, 2020

hi, 

firstly, when i push the blue button it turns grey, dissappears and i cant reply!!

what will resetting do? will i lose my presets?

when you say in the morning what time is it there? its 2pm here in oz!! cheers, jo 

cheers, jo

well i still cant get the reply button to work but i have found the answer, which is not only so simple, but so ridiculous!!!

for some weird reason the sync box where you check which adjustments you want to pass to the next photo is coming up on my 2nd monitor, which i dont

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off, are you refering to syncing photo settings in develop module?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Second up, please share/post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LRC) reports it. In LRC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Paste into a reply. Interested in info from first line down to and including plug-in info. Info after plug-in of no value (at least not to non techs)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firstly, Thankyou so much for your replies, much appreciated.

yes i am refering to sync photos in the development mode.

the nikon one is the last plug in, and i have no idea wht that is there, since i shoot a canon!!!

best wishes and thanks, jo

cheers

LRC info.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the nikon one is the last plug in, and i have no idea wht that is there, since i shoot a canon!!!
best wishes and thanks, jo

The Nikon Teather comes by default on all copy's of LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (26.21.14.3603)

That would be v436.03 current driver would be v442.19.

You will want to use the NVIDIA GeForce Experiance utility to update the GPU driver, when you do, select Custom as to install a clean copy (removes all old stuff)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dual Displayys at 1920x1080, so not 4K and beyond. If you have use GPU enabled in /preferences/performance/ that might be of no value, and might hurt. If on, try with it off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to verify, LRC v9.2?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, yes that is the correct version,

so i updated the driver as you said, did the clean update,

i aslo turned off the GPU, i upped the cache to 20gb, and also emptied the cache.

i optimised the file, and did all the suggestions to improve performance, 

if i put it to auto sync, it doesnt freeze but it also doesnt sync! 

as soon as i push sync, it freezes! 

should i do a fresh install? i dont really want to because although i dont have many i do have some presets!

best wishes and thanks, again, jo cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote "when i edit a photo, select other photos and sync, Lightroom freezes"

Explain what you mean by that?, Sync to the Adobe Cloud storage?

or. Sync Settings?

When you are using Lightroom Classic to sync to the Cloud storage you first have to place the image files in a Collection and mark the collection for storage. See the screen capture the collections with the horizontal pointers in the extreme left of the named collection, those collections are selected for syncing.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou for your reply,

Please see pic, i have edited the highlighted photo, then i have also selected the next 2 photos using CTRL, usually when i push Sync, also circled,

at the top LH corner i see a progress bar that says something about copying and pasting settings to the next photos,

in the past i have selected 20 or 30 photos no problem at all. im not doing anything differently. 

when i push it now the lightroom catalog 2 bar at the top goes light grey and everything freezes, I have to Ctrl Alt Delete to get out of it.

since i tend to overuse burst mode, i really need this to work!!!

cheers and thanks

GREAT, NOW I CANT GET THE REPLY BUTTON TO WORK HERE!!!! YES THEY ARE ALL RAW FILES, STRAIGHT FROM IMPORT FROM MY MREMORY CARD. CHEERS

sync freezing lrc.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a thought out of the box.

Are all the image files the same type e.g. Raw no jpeg  or tiff?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, now i can reply!!

yes they are all CR2 files straight from my camera memory card. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yonder if we should advise the OP to reset preferences file?

Or, perhaps contact Adobe in the morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, 

firstly, when i push the blue button it turns grey, dissappears and i cant reply!!

what will resetting do? will i lose my presets?

when you say in the morning what time is it there? its 2pm here in oz!! cheers, jo 

cheers, jo

well i still cant get the reply button to work but i have found the answer, which is not only so simple, but so ridiculous!!!

for some weird reason the sync box where you check which adjustments you want to pass to the next photo is coming up on my 2nd monitor, which i dont always have turned on! i found the answer in another forum!

thankyou to all for trying to help me, i guess at least ive cleaned LR up a little!!

cheers jo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for posting your ultimate fix!  Same problem for me -- not sure I would have ever figured it out!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just had the exact same problem - thank you for helping me resolve it quickly 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Similarly)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much! I had the same problem and it was driving me nuts!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines