• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom getting stuck whilst developing

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the last update, lightroom on my mac is getting stuck or frozen after a few clicks whilst developing. Is there a solution to solve this with settings or another update? At the moment it's almost inpossible to work like this. 

{Post moved to Lightroom Classic by forum moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Hi there,

Sorry that Lightroom Classic is getting stuck while develop the images.

Please share the version of Lightroom along with your computer's OS. Does the app run slow while performing a specific task? 

Would you mind deselecting the option "Use Graphics Processor" located in Lightroom's Preferences > Performance menu, then relaunch the app and let us know if it helps?

To get started, you may checkout the steps mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-basic-troubleshooting-fix-most-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that Lightroom Classic is getting stuck while develop the images.

Please share the version of Lightroom along with your computer's OS. Does the app run slow while performing a specific task? 

Would you mind deselecting the option "Use Graphics Processor" located in Lightroom's Preferences > Performance menu, then relaunch the app and let us know if it helps?

To get started, you may checkout the steps mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-basic-troubleshooting-fix-most-issues.html 

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Akash, thank you!

Your tip of the "Graphics Processor" indeed solved the problem so far.

I'm using macOS Big Sur 11.2.1 and Lightroom 10.1.1.

Regards,

Bas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great. Glad to know it worked. If you have any other query or need further assistance, feel free to get back to us anytime.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem. As soon as I touch "Presence" in the Develop section of LrC 10.11 (Camera Raw 13.1), LightRoom freezes my Mac (OS X 10.14.6). I tried to find the 10.11/Debug Database.txt file (while in older LrC versions (7.5) the forum mentioned deleting that file from the library preferences could help), but I didn't find that file. Not sure if it would have helped anyway.

The freezing happened at the same time as the update to Photoshop 2021 (version 22.2.0) which closes as soon as it has opened, and is just as useless as LrC 10.11 right now.

I pay Adobe a monthly fee for working products, not for products that keep closing or freezing.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines