Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom GPU support with Nvidia Quadro 1000M Thinkpad W520

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I just wanted to post this because I couldn't find the answer out on the forum anywhere.

Lightroom Classic CC was extremely slow after the update and when checking under preferences I noticed that my GPU wasn't supported.  I have the Nvidia Quadro 1000M on a W520 thinkpad.

I contacted Adobe support and their answer was sorry your card meets all the requirement but since it is released before 2014 it is not supported. It has opengl 3.3 or higher and 2 gb of ram but we don't support it. I instead contacted nvidia online chat support and they gave me the link to the updated drivers based on my system (not most current driver for card but newer than lenovo's current driver).  After the install both photoshop cc and lightroom classic cc works great again.  Hope this helps someone.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for posting this... it is helpful and good sleuthing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear James,

thank you for this post.

I know you posted this quite a while ago.

Do you still use the W520 with LR?

I am facing the same problem but could not solve it based on your suggestions.

So maybe Lightroom Classic CC 9.2.1 does not support GPU rendering on W520 with Nvidia Quadro 1000M even if Direct X 12 and Open GL are installed?

Regards,

Bernd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bernd,

I am running LR Classic CC 9.2.1 on W520 with the latest driver from NVIDIA site (21.21.13.7691) and GPU got recognized in LR. However, it is much slower compared to LR 6, which I used before the upgrade to 9.2.1.

reg, Daniel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi, daniel,

can you please give the link to your driver? I only get the 21.21.13.7755

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines