• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom hangs at splash screen

New Here ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Lightroom v9.2.1 (current version) on my iMac (late 2013). I just purchased a new Mac Mini (2020) with a BenQ sw271 monitor. I set up the Mini through a Time Machine current restore. Everything works great (even Photoshop), EXCEPT for Lightroom. It hangs at the splash screen. I have uninstalled and reinstalled LR, logged out and in to CC, renamed SLCACHE and SLSTORE (all as suggested). Nothing works. Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you deactivate  the  old computer? Try completely logging out (not quitting) and the sign in again. If the problem is due to having too many computers (the limit is 2) running  your license signing  out and back in should take care of the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am suprised that even PS works, bringing applications over to a new computer vis restoring backups is a bit sketcy.

First follow the advice by cmgap.

If that does not work, consider a proper complete uninstall of the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App via the Creative Cloud Desktop App Uninstaller,  and the proper uninstall of all the Adobe CC Apps (Lightroom, Lightroom Classic, Photoshop, etc) via the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool utility. Then accomplish a proper download and install of the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App, followed by using it to install the Adobe CC apps. Make sure to follow all instructions.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/desktop-app.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem solved. Thank you to cmgap and davidg for your help.

I do have some comments on this that perhaps will be helpful.

Migrating from the iMac to the Mini is possible either through a direct connect between the two machines OR through restoration via Time Machine. In fact, Apple itself does not favor one over the other. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204350

What worked was to uninstall LR on the Mini, log out of CC on the Mac, reinstall LR on the Mini. Why this worked is a mystery as I was able to then also log into the Mac (that would be the two allowable instances of LR). The mystery will remain just that. What's important is that I'm again spending my time on photo processing and not trying to figure out the vagaries of Apple and Adobe.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's great to hear. Thank you for updating your  post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines