• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom has encountered problems reading this photo. You will not be able to make adjustments

Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been editing wedding photos for 2 weeks with no problem...Now my lightroom v10.3 on windows 10 pro is showing an error saying Lightroom has encountered problems reading this photo. You will not be able to make adjustments to the photo. cant export and the software is lagging pretty hard. I can open up  the files just fine on windows but i dont know whats wrong with lightroom.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Thanks but the photos open up fine with other programss and was just working fine before Im using lightroom classic v10.3

on Windows 10 Pro

full text says Lightroom has encountered problems reading this photo. You will not be able to make adjustments when i click the black ! mark

and text when exporting states :

An internal math error occurred. (1)
J:\sony a7iii photos 2021\07.02.2021 Kerin and Lindsays wedding\JJJ01565.ARW

Thank god i do have it backed up but if i delete the photos and reload will t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI- The Badge that indicates that a file is damaged or corrupted-

A black circle with an exclamation mark.

WobertC_0-1626650279569.png

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried reseting the preference file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you reset the preference file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a couple of questions. How old are the cards? And, how do you reformat the cards in preparation of a new shoot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My SD cards are up to 3-4 years old. It depends. I usually will erase the files on my camera before doing a new shoot directly on my canon camera. However, I just recently started formating the cards every time the cards go back in my camera and I know that's typically better. But I believe the files having issues were not fully formatted before being written on. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines