• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom import creates duplicate destination folder

Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic importing from Macbook desktop or SD card. Worked fine for years but suddenly new behaviour. Destination is external drive Touro/Pictures/2020/2020-05. Lightroom has started creating a second "Touro" folder and imports to that new folder with the same sub-folders. I now see two Touro folders in the folders section, bottom left of Library import view. I have to manually move the images to the original "Touro" folder. Any thoughts please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

You will find an Adobe 'help' document at this link-

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-displays-same-hard-drive-twice.html

You must follow the procedure very closely! (modified slightly for your situation)

This method uses a temporary folder location from which 'update folder location' will merge the apparent duplicate drives back into one.

(Note: there is no way to achieve this by simply dragging folders in the folder panel. It is a problem that has to be fixed correctly.)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will find an Adobe 'help' document at this link-

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-displays-same-hard-drive-twice.html

You must follow the procedure very closely! (modified slightly for your situation)

This method uses a temporary folder location from which 'update folder location' will merge the apparent duplicate drives back into one.

(Note: there is no way to achieve this by simply dragging folders in the folder panel. It is a problem that has to be fixed correctly.)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much WobertC. This looks exactly like my issue. I'll follow the instructions soon and get back to you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I followed the instructions exactly and the problem is fixed. A big thank you.

During the process it created another (third drive) and failed to delete the second drive, but once the folders were merged I manually deleted the second and third drives.  I backed up, closed, restarted Lightroom and imported some image files with no problems. All's back to normal now. Thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines