• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Import in order

Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a setting or check box I'm missing?  I would like lightroom to read my photo's in order taken on my cards.  For some reason during import it's random which is frustrating when I want to edit and make a stack later. I'm using 10.2

Thanks for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

After import, you have options to show the photos sorted in various ways - whatever order they happen to have been imported in, you don't have to see that - unless that is what you particularly want. For example, by capture time / edit time (when you last worked on each image) / colour label etc.

The only two cases where it may even matter in what order the photos were actually imported, are: when viewing a given folder- or collection-based view, with "added order" chosen as the sort sequence -

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After import, you have options to show the photos sorted in various ways - whatever order they happen to have been imported in, you don't have to see that - unless that is what you particularly want. For example, by capture time / edit time (when you last worked on each image) / colour label etc.

The only two cases where it may even matter in what order the photos were actually imported, are: when viewing a given folder- or collection-based view, with "added order" chosen as the sort sequence - rather than "capture order". Or: if as part of your import you are renaming the images and including an incrementing sequence number in that - then you may want to be sure it's chronological.

For those two cases, you might want to make sure "capture time" is chosen as the sorting option at the bottom of the import screen, when bringing new photos into the Catalog. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On import or the import dialog there are no option to set the sort order.

The sort order can be changed in the library. The setting can be changed in the toolbar under the grid view.

Gelöst: Can get sort by file name not by added order? - Adobe Support Community - 4151591

Why is Lightroom Importing my Images out of Order? | Photofocus

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To 'see' photos in a Sorted Order in the Import dialog window: You could use the 'Sort' options at the base of the (Full-Size) Import dialog-

Import Sort.jpg

If you do not see this menu, you may be in the Minimized Import dialog.

Expand/Contract the Import window with the icon-

Import Window Size.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines