Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom import never finish and says not writable or full

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys!

I'm having serious problems here with importing my photos in Lightroom. First of all, we have moved to another country, so I basically have bought all computer equipment new (router, switch, desktop, NAS), so I can't be sure the problem is with Lightroom or with something else. I have suspected my new home build NAS for a while now, but the problem is so weird that I'm not sure. 

What happens (and it seem to be every time now) is the following:

1. I put my memory card in the computer after shooting some RAWs.

2. I import in LR classic directly to my NAS share.

3. The import seem to go fine, but every time is seem to be complete (full progress bar), it just stays like that for a very long time. 

4. Then sometimes finally a dialog pops up or I cancel the import and the same dialog shows with this message:

Could not copy a file to the destination folder because its not writable or there is not enough free space. (5)

Failed to find a place for the imported file. (2)

I also notice that it has in did failed a file and I sometimes find a "broken" file in my imported photos that can't be edited. Usually also this old pictures are imported the next time I use the card. But I still worry I will lose photos due to this problem. I don't know if it is a bug in LR, my NAS or something else. But it seems to work fine to copy the whole memory card to my NAS manually.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please answer the obvious questions: is there enough space on this disk? Is the Destination folder you are importing to writable (do you have write permission to the folder)?

Please note the above question is not: is the disk writable ... the question is: does this exact folder where the photos will be written have write permission?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, the folder has several TB of space and it writes all images fine except 1-2 every time. So it has permissions and I can manually copy whatever I like to the share in Windows. I don't know if LR does anything weird with network shares or if some later version broke something. But it kinda happens all the time now, so very frustrating. I could also expect the NAS having problems, except manual copy works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines