• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom import preset no longer remembering destination/MacOS

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used import presets for years, with no issue.  And, in each preset, I specify a destination folder for the imported images.  No problems there either, until recently.  Suddenly, the destination folder in the preset provides only the drive names, but not the folder, and I have to drill down each time to the correct folder.  In addition, there appears to be plenty of destination history when I seek it in the upper left of the import window, but the most recent destination folders used do not show - LR appears to be no longer remembering this information.  After drilling down to the desired folder in the Destination window on the right side of the import screen, I attempt to update the preset, or even create a new preset, but when that preset is next used, the destination, again, only shows the drive name at the root directory.  Again, the destination folder is not remembered or stored in the preset.  Any solution?

Im using a MacPro with MacOS 10.15.2, and LR Version 9.1

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just started hitting this issue too, seemingly just after the latest update.  I have to drill down manually for both the source and destination for imports, and it used to default to the last used source and destination.  This is really annoying, makes me not want to use the program anymore.  I am on Lightroom Classic 9.1.  Please fix this!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I have to navigate to the folder each time manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also noticed this and cannot find a way to bring the import back to remembering the destination folder pathway. Would really like this looked into.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. It's ridiculous. Every time I import, if I want to import into an existing lightroom folder, I have to drill down all the way through the hard drive structure (see attached image). Previous versions remembered my main lightroom folder and showed it up front on the import dialog window. Saving presets for every folder is not a viable solution. Please fix this!Screen Shot 2020-01-25 at 09.13.06.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issues with me over 3 weeks after last post - any thoughts Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand this.  Four months....no fix....no acknowledgement of the issue and that it will be addressed....or no explanation of something I'm stupidly doing wrong.  Still an issue.  Can't say I'm not disappointed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on Adobe - this can't be a tough fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more reason I won't be renewing my CC subscription.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Count me as one with the problem.  On my old computer, iMac with MacOS Mojave 10.14.6, and Lightroom Classic 9.2.1 this works fine.  On my new Macbook with MacOS Catalina 10.15.4, and same version of LR, it doesn't.  I even did a clean build MacOS Catalina and LR on a new drive on the old iMac computer with same problem.  Catalina seems to be the issue in my case.  I've also triple checked that LR has the correct permission in the System Prefs.  Kind of a pain to drill down everytime to verify it is going to the correct directory.  And it is actually going to the right place all the time.  I just can't see it easily. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, the update to LR CC that came out today mostly fixed it.  It now expands the folder list in the import dialog box correctly.  However, one minor thing is that after an import completes, it shows the grid view of the Previous Import folder, but the window on the left doesn't switch to were the current folder is visible.  My computer with Mojave does.  That's a minor thing though.  So that didn't change with the new update to LrCC 9.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See same problem report here https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-9-1-not-remembering-the-last-impo...

upvote that one as well. Maybe get more visibility. (Or consolidate these somehow)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Appears to be fixed for me in Lightroom 9.3. Thanks Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines