• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LightRoom import suddenly slow

Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Importing pictures into Lightroom Classic has suddenly become horribly slow!  Several minutes per photo!  Actually, in the case of my current import of less than ten photos, it is officially frozen.  Task manager shows Lightroom is using 35% of my CPU and 1.4 gigabytes of memory.  I download photos from my camera before using LightRoom onto an external hard drive.  When importing, I select "Copy" to copy the files into a separate folder named "Lightroom Masters" on the same external hard drive.  I am on Windows 10 machine with 16 GB of RAM.  What can I do?  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Lightroom Classic are you using?

Try a different drive first, even the internal one. This sounds like the drive is failing or the connecting cable is bad. Assuming your external drive is connected to a USB port, is it USB 3 (blue connectors)? The USB port could be going bad. Try another port. If you happen to be going through a USB hub, connect the drive directly to a USB port on the computer.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bad card reader or bad cable/USB port.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I thought of trying a different drive, so I tried to copy the files to my internal drive.  The mere act of copying froze Explorer.  The problem was a horribly corrupted folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines