Lightroom interface font sizes for 4K monitor

Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Lightroom on a 30" 2560x1600 monitor for the past 12 years. It was time to replace my monitor, so after doing some research, I got a 43" 4K monitor. (I have a desk deep enough to push the monitor back so it’s comfortable). The ppi on the 43” is about the same as the 30” at around 100ppi.

The Windows 10 display scaling is set to custom scaling at 115% and the Ease of Access Display settings are set at default. This gives me a good size of interface and crisp fonts on nearly all apps.

Photoshop scaling is fine. In Preferences, Interface, the UI Font size is set to medium with ‘Scale UI to Font’ disabled. I can fit a lot onscreen at a sensible size, with sharp fonts.

I’m having issues with Lightroom however. Whatever I do, the interface size is either too large or small. In the screenshots below you can see Preferences, Interface, Font Size set to Auto, Medium and Large – 150%.

The best size is Medium, but it is rather small and tricky to work with, as clicks on the Develop panel need to be very precise. As you can see from the comparison, the Large – 150% interface size is just too large. I can’t fit enough panels onscreen and loose too much space. I’ve also tried adjusting the program size in Properties, Compatibility, Change high DPI settings in the ‘High DPI scaling override’ sections, but that doesn’t make any difference.

Would it be possible for Adobe to give us more front size options? At the very least, one extra option which would be Large - 125%, which is a standard Windows Display option. That would allow the interface to adjusted more precisely and give better results, regardless of monitor size.

2021.06.12.Lightroom_font_sizes.jpg

TOPICS
Feature request, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You request won't be heard by Adobe on this forum. Best you submit your feture request at https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/lightroom-classic/5f5f2093785c1f1e6cc40872

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers. Will do. I thought this was the official Adobe forum. I did tag the post with Feature Request. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user supported forum. While Adobe employees occasionally monitor and comment here, it is not a forum that is seriously monitored by the development team. The link given is much more closely monitored for that purpose.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Anyone landing here please continue the discusion at the below feature request post. Thank you.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-interface-font-sizes-for-4k...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines