Highlighted

Lightroom is constantly crashing my Macbook Pro—not just freezing the program—I need advice..

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running MacOS Catalina 10.15.5 and Lightroom Classic 9.2.1

I have adequate ram and free disc space available, have run all my maintenance utilities to verify there isn't a larger system hardware issue.. It all comes down to Lightroom it seems. Surely someone else must have this same problem—and hopefully the solution?!

I have uninstalled and reinstalled LR. Done all the obvious things. Anyone?

I'm attaching a couple screenshots of the error reports I get, and the system details of my machine if it helps. Thanks, all!

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom is constantly crashing my Macbook Pro—not just freezing the program—I need advice..

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running MacOS Catalina 10.15.5 and Lightroom Classic 9.2.1

I have adequate ram and free disc space available, have run all my maintenance utilities to verify there isn't a larger system hardware issue.. It all comes down to Lightroom it seems. Surely someone else must have this same problem—and hopefully the solution?!

I have uninstalled and reinstalled LR. Done all the obvious things. Anyone?

I'm attaching a couple screenshots of the error reports I get, and the system details of my machine if it helps. Thanks, all!

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 13, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The helpful screenshots show Mac OS crashing when it accesses the graphics processor (GPU) on your relatively old 2013 Macbook (which is ancient in Apple years). Try disabling the GPU by setting the LR option Preferences > Peformance > Use Graphics Processor to Off.

Unless you have a 4K display or larger, the GPU usually provides little benefit.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 13, 2020 0
dj_paige LATEST
LEGEND ,
Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the computer crashes (as opposed to a piece of software crashing but the computer still runs other software properly), this is almost always a bad/corrupted/out-of-date driver, or a hardware malfunction. So, you need to re-install all of your drivers, and verify that all hardware is working properly, including the cooling system. I'm not sure what "maintenance utilities" you ran, but sometimes those don't actually check for certain types of problems.

Anyway, it's not only Lightroom that can be running when this happens. It may be true that Lightroom is the only software ON YOUR COMPUTER that is running when this happens, but if you read the Apple forums, this happens when many other software products are running. So it is not just Lightroom.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 13, 2020 0