• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom is cropping my images when importing (RAW)

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! im trying to import my footage into lightroom classic, but when i finish importing, my footages seems to be cropped out.
Im shooting RAW files in my Mavic 2 Zoom, with 4:3 aspect ratio, i've tried a lot of thing but nothing seems to work, ill add some screen shots to show the problem.

No lens correction.

Thanks!

Notice how the original photo gets cropped out when imported.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

perhaps you did this

Julieanne Kost's Blog | Setting Custom Develop Defaults in Lightroom Classic

‘and you need to restore Adobe default settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not working, i restored adobe default settings and still cropping my images.

I tried the solution in the link, still same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One year after you post:

You are not alone in this miserable unaddressed Adobe problem.

I've experienced it for years, and there doesn't appear to be any logical answer other than Adobe programmers dump previous camera and lens profiles whenever Adove issues new iterations of Adobe software; thus leaving Camera Raw hamstrung and saddled with Jpeg data.

The Adove Camera Raw data is still in the file, retrievable by other NON Adobe Programs (somewhat reassuring), but why won't Adobe offer a definitive and progressive solution in their products interface?

I've been trying to find the same answer to your question with Adobe Photoshop CS5 through CS Cloud 2020 Camera Raw 6.2 -through 12.2. All Adobe Raw processing programs do the same thing - crops the edges of RW2 data  and flattens the lens vision.  - In essence stripping the photograph of its analog (human) presence,  everything that differentiates it from a digital image (developers, good enough).

All that said.. try this: The author addresses the issue, from another camera, but the solution may help you because its geared toward Lightroom: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/canon-5d-mark-iii-images.html
I haven't gathered them all but -Here are some other questions sked and unanswered posts:

Problums with raw files being cropped: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/problem-with-raw-files-being-cropped/m-p/9413873?page=1#M12...

Images unexpectdly cropped https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/problem-with-raw-files-being-cropped/m-p/9413873?page=1#M12...

More of the same: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/raw-files-being-cropped-upon-import/td-p/8984329?pa...

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any chance the camera has some built-in cropping abilities and they have been turned on?

Can you link us to the unedited original file with all the EXIF data intact?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines