Highlighted

LIGHTROOM IS DEACTIVATED ON OFFLINE COMPUTER

New Here ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two computers an old one and a newer one.

Both were online and working fine with Lightroom Classic.

However, I took the older computer offline (disconnected from the internet) and now when I want to use the Develop Module on the old computer, I get an error message saying that Lightroom is deactivated and I need to purchase a subscription or license! But, I have one!

How do I work around this and get Lightroom back to functioning properly on my old computer???

Thanks,

Bob

Some day I will move all of those files over to the new computer, but for now i just want to cull and edit around 100 images.

TOPICS
FAQ, How to, Problem or error, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

LIGHTROOM IS DEACTIVATED ON OFFLINE COMPUTER

New Here ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two computers an old one and a newer one.

Both were online and working fine with Lightroom Classic.

However, I took the older computer offline (disconnected from the internet) and now when I want to use the Develop Module on the old computer, I get an error message saying that Lightroom is deactivated and I need to purchase a subscription or license! But, I have one!

How do I work around this and get Lightroom back to functioning properly on my old computer???

Thanks,

Bob

Some day I will move all of those files over to the new computer, but for now i just want to cull and edit around 100 images.

TOPICS
FAQ, How to, Problem or error, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 18, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to connect the old computer to the internet every 30 days to check if the license is valid.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/internet-connection-creative-cloud-apps.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,

Well that's not good!

So the bigger question would be....

Then how do I bring all of my old images and and catalogs to my newer computer?

Thanks in advance,

Bob

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and I forgot to add that they are spread over several hard drives, albeit all (hard wired) connected to the old computer. (i.e.) no mobile drives.

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 19, 2020 0
Participant ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you signed in in LR classic on the old computer. You need to sign it after a long time away from internet.

Best Regards
Eric Pecquerie
Sent from my iPad Pro

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 19, 2020 0
JimHess LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible to copy the catalog and the images to another drive As well as all the images and move them to a new computer. Do you have an external drive that you could use for that purpose? You don't need the Lightroom program to do that.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 19, 2020 0