• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom is not seeing photos on my camera

Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having issues with importing and doing tethered capture. This worked perfectly fine about 2-3 weeks ago but now when I go to import the photos from my camera it says 'no photos found' when I know there are photos on my camera. The same problem is happening with tethered capture. When I go to use tethered capture it is saying 'no camera detected.'

The camera is registering the computer and it seems that my computer is registering the camera as well, just no photos are being shown in Lightroom. I have the latest version of Lightroom Classic (9.1), I have updated the firmware on my camera and my MAC is up to date. When I plug the SD card into my computer I can see the photos, so I know they are on the card. 

Any suggestions? I need to be able to use tethered capture for work. Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your MAC OS is up to date. Does this mean it is Catalina?

Specifically as to tethering:

Is your camera by Canon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before 2-3 weeks ago was your MAC OS not Catalina (Assuming it is now)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Specific to importing. Sounds like you connect the camera to the computer via USB. A method prone to issues. A method prone to foul ups my OS producers and Post Processing Software producers during "improvements"

So, what happens if you take the memory card out of the camera and place it in a reader?

No, not an undesired workflow change, but a diagnostic.

Also, can you use Finer to copy photos outside of Lightrro to your hard drive, test both from camera and from card in reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, MAC is updated to Catalina 

I can't remember if I had updated to Catalina since the last time using tethered capture. I probably did update it so that might be the issue. I feel like I should still be able to import photos into Lightroom Classic though? Or maybe this is something Adobe needs to fix?

Yes, I do tethered capture through a USB cable. 

So I can continue working I'm taking the memory card out and importing photos that way. Not ideal but at least I can continue working. I would really like to figure out how to continue doing tethered capture. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So, Catalina. If a Canon camera a known issue exists at Adobe.

No idea on estimate timeline for fix Adobe does not share that with us normal customers

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/macos-catalina-compatibility.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines