Exit

lightroom is running very slow

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my pc specs

ryzen 2700x 3200mhz 32gb ram gpu gtx 1070

i tried it installed on both ssd and hdd, with these i should be able to run it smooth, but its slow i followed bunch of things stated for performence tweaking nothing helped. i dont understand what else i could do to solve this issue. Can someone help? if anyone else has gone through with this with somewhat similar specs as i have.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1 More complete info

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Past that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs.

GoldingD_0-1603241491705.jpeg

GoldingD_1-1603241491706.png

GoldingD_2-1603241491707.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2. What hard drives do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3. While (1) will show what hard drive your catalog is on. How much free space in % exists on that hard drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4. While (1) may show info about Camera RAW CACHE, It has never been obvious to me, so.. Where (what hard drive, what sort of hard drive) have you placed the Camera RAW CACHE.

And how large? /preferences/performance/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

5. When does it slow down? In what module? Doing what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

sys info.pngPer Tab.png

thank you for replying i greatly appreciate it.

i genrally do most of heavy editing in PS, in lightroom i only do applying preset and some minor adjustments.

i have only one plugin installed because i know multiple plugins causes lightroom to slow down a lot.

1. thing it boots slow and often gets stuck saying lightroom not responding then it starts after a while.

2. while in development module it slows down while using spot removal tool, gradual filter or brush.

3. i have around 750gb of space free on the drive where its installed out of 1tb, its a wd 1tb 3.5 sata hard drive im not sure what you meant by what kind of drive. previously i had lightroom installed on kingston 500gb ssd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines