• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom keeps crashing when i open it on windows

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi guys, please some advise would be greatly appreciated.

everytime i open lightroom it closes automatically, i've tried both steps on the adobe website, 1 to sign in and out of creative cloud and 2 to rename the SLstore to SLstoreold and rename SLcache to SLcacheold. i also get the error of the catalog being open in another application but when i move the "lightroom catalog.lrcat.lock" to BIN it still doesn't work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry about the trouble with Lightroom. Would you mind sharing the version of Lightroom you are using along with the version of Windows you are using? Since when are you facing this issue?

Have you tried re-installing the app to check if that helps? Also, please ensure that you have all available Windows updates installed on the computer.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Past that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs.

davidg36166309_0-1596218275377.png

davidg36166309_1-1596218275378.png

davidg36166309_2-1596218275378.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a canadate for resetting the preference file. Resetting the preference file is Adobe speak for deleating the preference file and then letting Lightroom Classic to recreate it.

The preference file can get corrupted, resulting in odd behavior. Some people have a knee jerk reaction in thinking they need to uninstall then reinstall Lightroom Classic, maybe that could be called for, but it would be better to first reset the preference file.

Be aware that resetting the preference file will result in Lightroom Classic creating a new catalog instead if opening your previously opened catalog (normally) so make sure you know where your catalog is. 

Be aware the resetting the preference file will revert some settings in Preferences to defaults. So be aware of what you have changed, so that you can put those back the way you want them.

some links:

https://lightroomers.com/replacing-the-lightroom-preference-file/745/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bARt-hoCc2Q

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/recover-catalog-images-resetting-lightroom.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hello,

I had the same problem. 

I upgraded my windows via Windows backup to the newest available v 2004, so May update of 2020 and my Lightroom Classic did not want to start, few seconds after the splas screen appeared I got the bug report window, if I want to send the problem to the developers. 

I read many posts here and on other forums as well, somebody mentioned, that the problem appeared because of the MSI Afterburner. This got me the idea to check the asus framework and lighting services, I had Asus Aura installed - I have asus mainboard. 

After I completely uninstalled the Aura service, application and the Asus Framework, the problem got solved. 

The bug could be related to the graphics drivers (nVidia 1080Ti here with the lates drivers), and the lighting service. 

If you own Asus mainboard, just try to uninstall and completely clean those I have mentioned.

It means, Windows 10 spring/May update 2004 and Asus Lighting service, Aura and Framework are not yet compatible.

Best regards,

Stefan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines