• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Lightroom Classic keeps crashing

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First time poster here... has anyone else had problems with LR crashing their IMac? I am working on a 8 month old IMac and it crashes when I'm using LR heavily. I updated LR a few days ago and the problem seems worse. Just now I was in LR editing and it crashed 5 times within an hour!! You can imagine how frustrating this is. I am using no other program when it does this. Today it repeatedly happened when I was using the spot healing tool. Any help is appreciated! 

{Moderator Note: Edited the thread title}

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Hi all,

We're sorry for the crash issues with Lightroom Classic. Please take a look at the following troubleshooting article to resolve most of the crash and freeze related issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-crash-or-freeze.html

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday, I was having the same problem on my iMac late 2014. My computer froze while using the (LRC) radial tool. I rebooted several times. At first, I thought it was because I had just installed the Topaz software but now I am convinced it is LRC. Anyway, today I thought I'd make another attempt. This time it froze and then shut off completely. I have not been able to boot it up at all now. Totally dead. I can't even get to the GPU if I wanted to. Not a good way to start the new year!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it's happening to me also. Creating so many issues. If it's not restarting my Mac it's freezing it completely. Exporting images well that crashes it as well. I can't run a business like this. It's taking me over an hour just to export 6 images 🤦🏼‍:female_sign:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What worked for me, Mandy, was to turn off the GPU Acceleration in Preferences. A month or so went by and after a few more Mac OS updates I turned GPU acceleration back on and things are working fine. My initial issue happened after I upgraded to Big Sur and shortly before that I had upgraded to a higher level of LRC. So, in my case I think it was a clash between the different upgrades which time took care of. Hope it helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mandy_796  You don't mention what version of LrC you are using. There was recently an update to LrC V10.2 that has solved the issues some Mac users were having. Are you on V10.2?

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem , I got a beastly mac that is constantly crashing with Lightroom.  Very frustrating 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've reviewed the email address you use with this forum and find no crash reports in our system.

Did you see a crash dialog?

Do you use a different email address when filling out the crash report?

Was the crash dialog Adobe or Apple?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2018 Dec 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on Windows 10 and when I start up lightroom it opens but when I try to do anything it crashes.  It crashes at different times after a task or two.  What should I do to keep it from crashing?  As it is it's unusable.

Moderator: Moved from  Adobe Creative Cloud to Lightroom Classic CC — The desktop-focused app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2018 Dec 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you,  This seems to have worked.  How come I have to reset preferences in Lightroom and Photoshop so often?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

something on your computer is corrupting the preference file(s).  that could be a cleaner, av etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I’ll try to check it out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another point that you can try is to deactivate the GPU support.

Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" > Restart Lightroom.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I tried that didnt work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is license expiry on a 3rd party dll file for face recognition. Adobe need to provide a fix. More information here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-v610-crashes-in-the...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom Classic 10.3 on a Mac OS 11.5.1 M1 Mac and have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the application, but it still won't launch. The launch window appears, but it fails and closes almost immediately. 

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did it work previously?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble while launching Lightroom Classic on your M1 Mac? Would you mind telling us if the application stopped working after the recent macOS update?

Please ensure that Lightroom Classic has the necessary permissions on your Mac by following the steps mentioned below:

1. Go to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy tab.

2. Then select Accessibility from the list to the left & check if Lightroom Classic is added to the list with a check mark in front of it.

3. If Lightroom Classic is not a part of the list, please add it by unlocking the window first using the lock at the bottom left, then clicking the + icon & navigating to the Applications folder.

4. Also, grant permissions to Lightroom Classic under Full disk access located in the same list as Accessibility.

5. Once done, restart the Mac & check if it helps.

If the issue persists, you can try to reset the preferences of Lightroom Classic manually using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2JSym5e

Please backup your presets prior to resetting the preferences.

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this. I've tried all this and it still won't get past the startup screen. I'm running OS Monterey 12.0.1 on an M1 Mac. It was working fine until yesterday.  Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem .... Any ideas ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing I can share with any confidence. I made sure I had the latest update -- I was indeed one behind -- and restarted. That didn't immediately fix the problem, but it did resolve the next time I restarted and launched. Hope that helps ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed it. Please see my latest reply below on my original post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get this fixed? Mine is doing this samething

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't work at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay everyone here's how I fixed it. I created a new system/user account in Mac OS and then deleted the old one. Didn't require a reinstall, but you do have to log back into everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off the wi-fi and run the Lightroom or Photoshop. Problem solved.
Hope it will help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines