• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom keeps exporting pictures in JPG

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Lightroom Classic and I have pretty good quality images to edit. I have tried every possible tutorial to fix this problem but nothing works: Lightroom keeps exporting pictures in .jpg format although my setting are set to maximum quality and to the .jpeg format. Lightroom app on my phone works perfectly fine, and exports pictures in .jpeg but it's just on my desktop. I don't know how to fix this and any help would be appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom keeps exporting pictures in .jpg format although my setting are set to maximum quality and to the .jpeg format.

Can you clarify this apparent self-contradiction? If you don't want jpgs the export format can be tiff, psd or png.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mostly .jpg and .jpeg are considered equivalent by modern operating systems and applications, only different file associations might be set up in a computer such that different applications start up, when you double-click an example of each one. Which can be changed.

What is your reason for wanting a .jpeg rather than a .jpg?

A filename ending in .jpg is by far the more usual in digital photographic imaging: e.g. the DCF standard stipulates this for cameras.

This format was developed by the JPEG: which is a committee. The export dialog in LR might be referring to that. It's arguably inconsistent with the other choices offered, but not 100% wrong 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What you are experiencing is as expected. The File Format is referred to as JPEG the file shows with .jpg or .JPG extension.

Screenshot 2020-01-27 at 1.03.06 PM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines