• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Keeps losing my images

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've been using Lightroom for ages, but more recently it has continually losing files. I haven't moved folders or anything like that, and I have all the original files so I can find them easy. Only problem is Lightroom will lose hundreds of photos, and their folders. Is their any easier way to get my files back rather than clicking and finding each individual photo, because I don't have time for that?!

Thanks in Advance

Kaitlyn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need more information to understand what is happening. If it was happening to everyone, there would be a serious problem with Lightroom.

Which version of Lightroom? Which operating system?

What exactly do you mean by losing the files? You import them into the catalogue. They import OK. Next time you launch Lightroom, they are not in the catalogue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,
Thanks for replying, I am using Lightroom CC 2015 with Windows. The photos imported fine, and I was working on them yesterday. But now all my folders are gone, I can find smart previews for all the photos, and by clicking on the exclamation point I can find them in my files. I did import them using a different computer (I study, and I imported yesterday using a Mac at uni, however I never had this problem) I went to launch today and none of my folders from this year are there

Thanks

Kaitlyn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did import them using a different computer

How did you get them from the Lightroom on Mac to Lightroom on Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have my lightroom catalogue on my portable hard drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 08, 2017 Apr 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Each time you reconnect the external drive to the Windows computer is it identified with the same letter? Windows will attach a letter to a drive by using the first available one, in alphabetic order. For instance, a drive may have been identified as "F" yesterday, but today when you hook it up there is already a card reader being identified as "F", so the drive will be listed as "G". This changes the path to all the contents of the drive and confuses LR. You can avoid this happening by using the Device Manager to assign a letter to the drive which is toward the end of the alphabet and therefore will always be available. My external drives are W, X, Y and Z and are always recognized as such on any Windows system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines