Highlighted

Lightroom layout

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have purchased a subcription to Lightroom/Photoshop. I believe it is similar to Lightroom Classic, but the layout does not look like anything that in the tutorials. I am referring to the first video titled "Get to know the Layout of Lightroom Classic". The speaker points to a series of modules

Library - Develop - Map - Book - Slideshow - Print - Web

The screen is divided into 3 sections. I am unable to make the version on my Macbook to look like this.

On my screen there are four icons on the left

+

home

My Photos

Sharing

Can anyone explain how to get the layout in the tutorial?

TOPICS
How to, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom layout

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have purchased a subcription to Lightroom/Photoshop. I believe it is similar to Lightroom Classic, but the layout does not look like anything that in the tutorials. I am referring to the first video titled "Get to know the Layout of Lightroom Classic". The speaker points to a series of modules

Library - Develop - Map - Book - Slideshow - Print - Web

The screen is divided into 3 sections. I am unable to make the version on my Macbook to look like this.

On my screen there are four icons on the left

+

home

My Photos

Sharing

Can anyone explain how to get the layout in the tutorial?

TOPICS
How to, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 04, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please use the menu command Help->System Info and report the first 10 lines. DO NOT COPY AND PASTE THE ENTIRE HELP->SYSTEM INFO, we just want the top 10 lines.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 04, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's probable that you installed Lightroom and not Lightroom Classic. There IS a big difference. Blame the naming confusion on Adobe. Lightroom is a relatively new program that is designed to store all your images in the cloud. It is installed from the same creative cloud application manager that installs Lightroom Classic. The user interface is much different from Lightroom Classic, and the features are much different from Lightroom Classic. The tutorials you are watching are apparently designed for Lightroom Classic.

Depending on which program you subscribed to, both versions could be available to you to use. You are entitled to use them both. But it is generally recommended not to use both of them on the same computer although it is possible to do so.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 04, 2020 0
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is No plan that included Lightroom, the Cloud Centric (Cloud Based) version and Photoshop.

The Photography plan included Lr CLASSIC and Photoshop.

You have installed the Wrong Lr. you need to remove that version and install LrC (Classic).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 04, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to adobe.com

Sign in

Select Manage

Review your Plan

What Plan did you pay for?

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 04, 2020 0
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you purchased the Lightroom plan, you only have the Lightroom app which is not the same as Lightroom Classic. You don't get Lightroom Classic and Photoshop with the Lightroom subscription. By your description it is clear you installed Lightroom.

If you purchased the Photography Plan with 20GB of storage, you have Lightroom, Lightroom Classic and Photoshop. Check the Creative Cloud desktop app to see what is available to you. If you purchased the correct plan, you can instal Lightroom Classic and Photoshop from the Creative Cloud app. Here's a link to instal the Creative Cloud desktop app if you need it.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

If you purchased the wrong subscription you need to contact Adobe to get it changed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 04, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently I have all three programs installed. And Lightroom Classic is working for me with the layout described in all the YouTube videos. So thanks everyone for the help. I will move on to the next part of the learning curve.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 12, 2020 0